The Hate Crimes you Don’t Hear About…
As usual the Socialist-Progressive Media is all up in arms over the Alleged murder of a black youth, Treyvon Martin, by a Hispanic Nightwatchman in Florida that migrated down here from New York. If you listened and believed the State Media (i.e. CNN and Fox) then you would think that Mr. Zimmerman was a towering white skin-head Nazi with a Confederate flag tattoo. In reality he is a short pudgy Yankee who is Puerto Rican (i.e. Hispanic) and migrated down here like every other Carpet Bagger Yankee sooner or later does.
Why does the media lie, why are they trying to get you to hate Native Floridians, the Confederacy, and everything else that is inherent to the Southern Culture? The short answer is they want to destroy Southern culture so they can focus on destroying American culture, which contrary to belief is not the same thing. The South has its own culture and is really an occupied nation all its own. In other words, if the United States fell apart tomorrow the Southern States would be just fine, they would rise from the ashes and walk out of the wreck that is America without a scratch. You see they can’t destroy America and turn it into a socialist state, or in other words prep it for a one world government as long as the South is around.
But alas I must digress, that is another topic for an entirely different day… the topic today is hate crimes, why the media lies and distorts the facts about White on Black crime, and all but ignores the hundreds of Black on White hate crimes that occur every month. So what about the other hate crimes that they ignore?
Cleveland, Ohio. A white man on a moped accidentally bumped into a truck being driven by a black man. He fell over but was not injured. A crowd of 40 white people pulled the black driver from the truck and brutally beat him. One of them climbed in the truck and ran over the driver, killing him. The crowd cheered.
Jacksonville, Florida. A group of four to six white men agreed that they would brutalize the next black person they saw walking down the street. That person turned out to be a mentally disabled 50-year-old, whom they beat and stomped into unconsciousness. He later died of his injuries.
Are you surprised that you’ve never heard of these sickening murders based on racial hatred? You didn’t see saturation coverage on the news. You didn’t hear politicians decrying racism. You didn’t see a livid Jesse Jackson on CNN. Why? Because these acts of brutality didn’t happen exactly as I described above. Oh, they happened, all right. The only thing is, the races of the attackers and victims were reversed. That is, a white man was beaten and then crushed by a mob of 40 black people who were furious that a black man bumped into his truck.¹ In Jacksonville, it was a gang of black men who stomped a mentally-disabled man to death solely because he was white.²
Because these hate crimes were perpetrated by black against whites — even though they were based completely on racial hatred — the national media, politicians, and civil rights leaders ignored them.
If these acts of savagery had indeed happened as I originally described them above, you would have heard about them. But because they were perpetrated by blacks against whites — even though they were based completely on racial hatred — the national media, politicians, and civil rights leaders ignored them. As opposed to the deaths of Yusef Hawkins and James Byrd, these deaths are only reported in the local media. And even then, the races of the people involved are often not mentioned.
Below are some more hate crimes that have been ignored because they happened the “wrong way” (i.e., they were black-on-white instead of white-on-black).
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Upset about a racial name-calling that occurred earlier that night, several black men savagely beat a random white man who had had nothing to do with the incident. He slipped away from his attackers, but they forced him to swim into a lake to escape. He drowned. The three men were sentenced to less than a year in jail.3
- Massachusetts. Four black men decided to murder the next white person they saw. That unlucky soul was a college student from Boston, whom the men stabbed to death.4
- Indiana. A black man was arrested for killing seven white people with a shotgun. He explained that he murdered his victims due to his “deep-rooted hatred” of white people.5
- Miami, Florida. The leader of a black supremacist sect (i.e., the “Yaweh ben Yaweh cult”) was convicted of the murders of several white people. He ordered his followers to kill any and all “white devils.” They killed at least seven white people, bringing back body parts to their leader.6
- North Carolina. Seven black men kidnapped a white woman, raped her, put her in a tub of bleach, shot her five times, and dumped her body. The murderers said they did this for racial reasons.7
- North Carolina. Four black teenagers lured a white, ten-year-old girl into an empty house. “There, they sodomized her, strangled her with a cable wire, and beat her to death with a board. In the past few weeks, the trials in the Tiffany Long case have received extensive coverage in the North Carolina press. But with two of the three defendants already sentenced to lifelong prison terms, and the third now standing trial, the national media have all but ignored the story. Only the Associated Press has reported on the trials, in a single, cursory piece. The AP, of course, failed to mention the race of the people involved — an oversight it seldom if ever committed in the case of Amadou Diallo.”8
- Boulder, Colorado. After discovering that one of their members had never had intercourse with a white woman, an Asian gang went looking for one. When they found a white University of Colorado student, the six men gang raped her in their minivan for two hours. At their trial, “Detectives described the woman’s night of terror, including repeated threats to kill her.“The woman leaped out of the minivan after one of the men raped her. Naked, she sprinted across Lefthand Canyon Road before Steve Yang tackled her, authorities said.
“‘They were all screaming at her, calling her names and hitting her,’ Detective Jane Harmer testified.
“Yang put her in a headlock and dragged her back into the van, where she was raped repeatedly, Harmer said.
“‘It was a free-for-all,’ Harmer testified.
“One man threatened to ‘cut and burn her,’ and another put a gun barrel to the back of her head when they released her, Harmer said.”9
- Kansas City, Missouri. An Ethiopian immigrant shot two white coworkers — killing one and critically injuring the other — at his workplace, then turned the gun on himself. At his residence, police found a three-page, signed note he had written in which he railed at “black blood sucker supreme white people” for oppressing him and black people in general.10
- New York City. In a Midtown office building, a white woman was assaulted, raped, and anally raped by a black man who called her racist names during the attack. Police refused to label it a hate crime.11
- Alexandria, Virginia. A black man walking through a neighborhood went over to a white eight-year-old boy playing in his great-grandparents’ front yard and slit the child’s throat, killing him. A witness says that the attacker shouted racial epithets during the attack, and the main suspect in the case owns anti-white hate literature and had written a note about killing white children. He had been previously arrested for attacking an unarmed white stranger with a hammer. (During the attack, he called his victim “Whitey.”)12 This particular case provides a perfect example of the terrible way that anti-white hate crimes are handled. First, the investigators decided not to tell police officers about the racial aspects of the case, even while the police were conducting a manhunt to find the boy’s killer. When this was revealed by the Washington Post, city council member Joyce Woodson defended this withholding of information from the cops on the front line. “What they did was proper. We already live in a racially charged world.” The Democratic mayor of Alexandria implied his agreement: “Efforts to sensationalize this investigation will only hurt this investigation.”13To make things even stranger, the FBI offered to send agents and a fugitive task force to help with the manhunt, but the local police rejected the offer. They also refused the help of the FBI’s profilers, forensics experts, and others.14
Eventually, the police arrested a suspect who was reportedly tied to the scene by DNA evidence. In another bizarre move, the Justice Department — which had acknowledged that it was monitoring the case — declined to prosecute the killing as a hate crime. The government’s prosecutor in the case cannot charge the victim with a hate crime. “There’s no applicable hate crimes law in Virginia,” he explained.15
An editorial in the Washington Times pointedly commented on the deafening silence surrounding the brutal child-murder: “Has anyone seen Jesse Jackson around lately? Kweisi Mfume? Al Sharpton? For persons whose political antennae are ordinarily so sensitive that they can pick up racial tremors a thousand miles away, they seem to have overlooked a possible hate crime right here in the vicinity of the nation’s capital.”
Even though all of the above incidents occurred in the last ten years, anti-white hate crimes are not new. The Village Voice writes of “the wave of random street killings that terrorized San Francisco in 1973. The ‘Zebra killers’ struck without warning, murdering whites at night. Most victims were shot. One was raped, another beheaded. Four young black Muslims were arrested in 1974 and charged with 14 murders, seven assaults, one rape, and an attempted kidnapping. The Zebra killers were convicted in 1976.”16
Despite the fact that physical evidence, eye witnesses, and video-taped confessions by the attackers in their parents’ presence all pointed to the young men’s guilt, protestors outside the courtroom referred to the trial as a “lynching.”
The assault was officially declared not to be a hate crime, and some influential black media and commentators — including Al Sharpton and two of New York’s African-American newspapers — declared that prosecuting the attackers was an act of racism. Some even questioned whether the attack really happened. Despite the fact that physical evidence, eyewitnesses, and videotaped confessions by the attackers in their parents’ presence all pointed to the young men’s guilt, protestors outside the courtroom referred to the trial as a “lynching.”18 Four years later, a black man named Colin Ferguson opened fire inside a commuter train in Long Island. Six people died and nineteen were injured. “Police recovered from Ferguson’s pocket a handwritten note titled, ‘Reasons for This.’ It expressed hatred towards whites, Asians, and ‘Uncle Tom blacks,’ and stated that Nassau County, Long Island was chosen as ‘the venue’ because of its predominantly white population.”19 How did politicians and commentators respond to this racially motivated bloodbath? President Clinton ignored the racial aspects, instead using the incident as an excuse to once again call for tighter gun control laws. Commentators either denied that it was a hate crime or admitted that it was but then tied themselves in knots to explain it away. The Dallas Morning News interviewed a sociologist who “conceded that Ferguson picked his victims on the basis of race, but did not think this justified the hate crime label.”20
A scholarly book on hate crimes (discussed more below) notes: “When the Reverend Louis Farrakhan, Nation of Islam leader, mentioned Colin Ferguson, the Long Island Railroad mass murderer, at a rally in New York City, the audience cheered. In a speech before an audience of 2,000 at Howard University, Nation of Islam spokesman Khalid Muhammed drew loud applause when he stated, ‘I love Colin Ferguson, who killed all those white folks on the train.’”21
The loudly promoted “hate crime epidemic” in America is an illusion.
Jacobs and Potter examine many of the myths and problems surrounding the idea of hate crimes, showing, among other things, that the loudly promoted “hate crime epidemic” in America is an illusion. Hate crimes have never been more than a tiny fraction of overall violent crime, and the numbers have actually been holding steady or decreasing in recent years.22 The authors also reveal the surprising statistics regarding interracial crime. It turns out that 80 percent of violent crimes involve an attacker and victim of the same race. “For the 20 percent of violent crimes that are interracial, 15 percent involve black offenders and white victims; 2 percent involve white offenders and black victims; and 3 percent involve other combinations.”23
These statistics include all instances of interracial violent crime, not just those labeled “hate crimes.” To see the rates of anti-white and anti-black violence that have been categorized as hate crimes, one only needs to take a cursory look at the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports specifically on hate crime to see that blacks commit them at a higher rate than whites.24
According to the US Census Bureau’s most recent projection (for Sept. 1, 2000), 82.2 percent of the US population is white, while 12.8 percent is black. If Hispanics are excluded from both counts, then the numbers are 71.4 percent white and 12.2 percent black.25
In the most recent year for which FBI data are available (1998), we see that there were 2,084 anti-black hate crimes committed by whites, and 567 anti-white hate crimes committed by blacks. Though the absolute number of anti-black crimes is 3.6 times as high as anti-white crimes, keep in mind that there are almost six times as many whites as blacks in the US. To get a true picture, we need to look at the proportional rates.
Eighty percent of violent crimes involve an attacker and victim of the same race.
If we divide each population by the number of crimes committed by individuals in that population, we see that there was one anti-black attack for every 94,436 white people, but one anti-white attack for every 59,172 black people. Thus, the rate of black-perpetrated hate crimes against whites is approximately 1.6 times higher than the rate of white-perpetrated hate crimes against blacks. Looking at hate crimes involving death and rape tells an even starker story. In 1998 five white people were killed in hate crimes, while three black people were killed in the same period. During that year, four women of each race were raped as a result of racial hatred. If these incidents were occurring between the races at equal rates based on their populations, we’d expect to see six times as many blacks killed and raped by whites as the opposite. Yet we see an equal number of rapes and almost twice as many anti-white slayings.
How can we ever hope to bridge the racial divide if we won’t even look at the hard facts of racism?
The issue of violent racial hatred is much more complex, universal, and disturbing than the simple-minded white-on-black paradigm that is universally touted.
People are even committing hate crimes against members of the same race. In 1998, for example, the FBI logged 123 hate crimes committed by whites against other whites, 64 by blacks against blacks, and a few by Asians against Asians and Native Americans against Native Americans. The reason for these apparently bizarre phenomena is that the “races” are not as monolithic as we commonly assume. They are divided into various ethnicities, nationalities, and other subdivisions, and these groups often hate each other.26So it’s not unheard of to have hate crimes between people of British and Italian descent (both considered white), between African Americans and Haitian Americans (both black), between people of Japanese and Korean descent (both Asian), or between members of different Native American tribes. Clearly, the issue of violent racial hatred is much more complex, universal, and disturbing than the simple-minded white-on-black paradigm that is universally touted. We need to accept this fact as individuals, then pressure the media, politicians, and other opinion-makers to accept it, too, and start telling the sticky truth about the situation.
- Perazzo, John. (1999). The Myths That Divide Us: How Lies Have Poisoned American Race Relations. Briarcliff Manor, NY: World Studies Books, p. 58.
- . Womble, Shannon. (1999). “2 jailed in killing motivated by race.” Florida Times-Union, Sept. 4.
- Op cit., Perazzo, p. 61, referencing: unattributed (1992). “3 blacks sentenced in ‘90 racial attack.” Chicago Tribune, May 20.
- Ibid., p. 59, referencing: Barnacle, Mike. (1991). “A double standard for race crimes?” Asbury Park Press, March 7.
- Ibid., referencing: Knight-Ridder News. (1991). “AWOL Marine in Indiana admits seven racial killings, sources say.” Miami Herald, Feb. 2.
- Ibid., referencing: unsigned. (1991). “The killing class.” Miami Herald, Feb. 24; Gehrke, Donna. (1992). “ ‘I felt power’ while slaying 6 people, former Yaweh ‘death angel’ testifies.” Miami Herald, Jan. 30.
- Op cit., Perazzo, p. 173, referencing: Edwards, Wayne. (1994). “Three strikes?” Destiny, Feb.
- Unsigned. (2000). “Tiffany Long: Too white to be a victim.” FrontPage Magazine, Feb. 29. http://www.frontpagemag.com.
- McCullen, Kevin. (1999). “Rape suspects were seeking white woman.” Denver Rocky Mountain News, Sept. 30.
- Associated Press. (1999). “Kansas City airport shooting victims identified.” Jefferson City News Tribune, Nov. 22.
- Weiss, Murray, et al. (1999). “Cops fume over lousy video of 6th Ave. .” New York Post, Dec. 22.
- Davis, Patricia. (2000). “Manhunt in Alexandria for killer of 8-year-old.” Washington Post, April 20; Drake, John & Ellen Sorokin (2000a). “Stabbing probers kept race a secret.” Washington Post, July 12; unsigned. (2000). “The hate crime that wasn’t.” Washington Times, July 12.
- Op cit., Drake & Sorokin (2000a); Sorokin, Ellen & John Drake. (2000b). “Boy’s stabbing draws attention about race.” Washington Times, July 13.
- Op cit., Drake & Sorokin (2000a).
- Rubush, Scott. (2000). “Black hate on trial.” FrontPage Magazine, Oct. 26.
- Noel, Peter. (1999). “Bring me the head.” Village Voice, Feb. 3-9.
- Stix, Nicholas. (2000). “Remembering the Central Park jogger.” FrontPage Magazine, July 12.
- Jacobs, James B. & Kimberly Potter. (1998). Hate Crimes: Criminal Law and Identity Politics. New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 140-2.
- Ibid., p. 139.
- Ibid., pp. 45-64, especially pp. 63-4.
- Ibid., pp. 16-17.
- The FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports are online at http://www.fbi.gov/ucr.htm
- US Census Bureau. “Resident Population Estimates of the United States by Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin: April 1, 1990 to July 1, 1999, with Short-Term Projection to September 1, 2000.” http://www.census.gov/population/estimates/nation/intfile3-1.txt
- Op cit., Jacobs & Potter, pp. 18-9, Perlmutter, Philip. (1999). Legacy of Hate: A Short History of Ethnic, Religious, and Racial Prejudice in America. Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe.
Reprinted from http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/hatecrimes.html
Written By: Russ Kick